Automotive SEO – How I boosted sales by 487%
Automotive SEO Case Study
This SEO case study shows how I could rank a local client, boost his website traffic, and, most notably, his sales and revenue by 487%. The client’s business is located in Australia, and he is in the automotive industry.
Like any other case study, I’m unable to reveal the website address or business name, but I’m happy to walk you through the entire project and show the quality of my SEO work with proof.
I designed the website a few years ago, but the client wasn’t interested in doing SEO then. Therefore, I already had a good idea about the website structure and how it’s been developed. The website is in WordPress CMS.
Since the client didn’t want more pages when I designed the website, the website had only 5 pages.
Serp was dominated by big websites with a lot of product pages. The client didn’t have many products. That was the biggest challenge I had to overcome. After talking to the client and explaining the situation, we increased our products by separating and combining products.
Another big challenge was that the client was not helpful when it came to content because he is a perfectionist, and because of that, most of the time, content publishing and adding new content to the target page was late.
I’m a big fan of making website structure. Because I know it makes a huge difference in ranking on search engines. I structured the website by doing level 1 and level 2 service pages.
Headings, Titles, meta description, URL
I believe headings and URLs play a big part in On-page, and I believe a lot of weight Is there. So, I have tuned the heading, titles, metadata, and URLs. I ensured product pages were not cannibalized since all product names are similar. Therefore, I had to focus a lot of energy there as well.
After doing a good amount of research on the topic, I found all relevant entities, built a good connection between those entities, and made an effective semantic network around the topic.
I made sure I pushed the right pages by recognizing keyword intent.
Individual page design and elements
After checking what works on serps by checking each keyword’s SERP result, I built similar-looking pages to match the intent.
The website had a few backlinks here and there. That’s why I didn’t focus on building backlinks at the start. After a few weeks and after doing the necessary on-page, I built citations and social links (fundamental links). Then, I waited for time to pass a little bit, and then I built a few strong links to push it further.